Locus, silicone surfboard wax tub. Australian made. Gone are the days of soggy cardboard boxes, single-use plastic and melted wax in your kit. The original all-silicone LOCUS container protects your wax from nature’s elements; saving you time, money and a whole lot of mess. AND, HERE’S THE BEST BIT…if your wax does melt, let it solidify again in your container and simply pop it out again!
– Repels sand, water and wax
– Octagon shape for easy grip & fits comfortably in your palm
– Durable … our supplier’s accidentally ran over theirs and it’s still going strong (not recommended though)
– Dishwasher, microwave and food safe
– 80mm x 38mm (118ml capacity)
– Designed to fit round wax but any wax block can be chopped down of course. Sex Wax® fits nice and snug. See below link.
*WAX SOLD SEPARATELY
Sex Wax® fits perfectly inside these! Grab your wax here: Sex Wax
How well does silicone protect wax in the heat?
Silicone has a low thermal conductivity. This means it transfers heat at a much slower rate than some other materials. It can also be described as having good ‘thermal stability’ meaning it won’t change shape over a wide temperature range.
What do I do if my wax melts?
There’s nothing worse than melted wax getting on your wetty, the car’s carpet…and everywhere else. This is exactly why the LOCUS container was designed. If your wax melts in your container, just place it in a shady spot with the lid on and once it’s solidified just simply pop it out easily … nice and clean.
Does it use sustainable packaging?
Definitely. All of the packaging materials are 100% compostable! No plastic.
What impact does silicone have on the environment, compared to plastic?
We’re glad you asked. The containers are made from food-grade silicone. Check out the table below to see how silicone is better than plastic (and doesn’t stick to wax)!